EKI is pleased to announce our experts speaking at the following events.
- Kat Wuelfing and Tina Wang, P.E. at the WaterSmart Innovations (WSI) Annual Conference on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 in South Point Hotel and Conference Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kat Wuelfing at the American Water Works Association’s (AWWA) California-Nevada Section Annual Fall Conference on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, in San Diego Town and Country Hotel, San Diego, California.
- Michelle King, Ph.D. at the annual Marcus & Millichap/ IP Multifamily Forum on Thursday, November 3, 2016, in Crowne Plaza, Foster City, California
We have provided a list of the topics and speakers, summaries of the presentations, and event information below.
Presentation: Think Fast: Planning Ahead for Rapid Drought Response
Speaker: Tina Wang, P.E.
Topic Summary: The presentation, “Think Fast: Planning Ahead for Rapid Drought Response” will showcase lessons learned by EKI from assisting urban water retail agencies with developing effective Water Shortage Contingency Plans, including the use of EKI’s Drought Response Tool (DRT), an Excel-based spreadsheet model that facilitates the quantitative analysis of possible drought response measures.
Presentation: Yes, Conservation Programs Do Save Water! Here’s How Much…
Speakers: Kat Wuelfing and Andrew Florendo (Solano County Water Agency [SCWA])
Topic Summary: The presentation, “Yes, Conservation Programs Do Save Water! Here’s How Much…” will discuss the results of a pilot study EKI conducted with the SCWA, evaluating conservation programs for single-family residential water use, the water savings achieved from these programs, and the remaining conservation potential.
For more information on this event and to register, please visit: WaterSmart Innovations 2016
Kat Wuelfing and Andrew Florendo (SCWA) will also be presenting “Yes, Conservation Programs Do Save Water! Here’s How Much…” at the AWWA Annual Conference on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, during Session 6 – Water Management and Efficiency, from 2:30pm to 3:00pm. For more information on this event and to register, please visit: AWWA California-Nevada Section
Panel Discussion: In It to Win It: Today’s Best Practices for Acquisitions and Dispositions
Schedule and Location: Thursday, November 3, 2016, Concurrent Session A, 11:45am
Speakers: Michelle King, Jim Alexander (Equity Residential), John Millham (Prometheus Real Estate Group), and Roger Snell (Veritas Investment)
Topic Summary: The panel will discuss best practices for real estate acquisitions and dispositions in an increasingly competitive market. While the Bay Area continues to experience a strong and broad-based economic boom, many see the writing on the wall for the current cycle. Financing has gradually become more difficult to put together and acquisitions are more complex for buyers, while sellers enjoy the high priced environment in which to sell. And yet, if we learned anything from the last cycle, it’s that multifamily is often the safest bet in real estate. When should you sell, if at all? And if you’re buying, how do you get deals done today?
- Know when to hold’em: which of your properties is best to sell, and when
- When to walk away: identifying your limits when bidding on a new deal
- Making it happen: strategies to structuring deals to get them done today
- Playing well with others: the “how-to’s” of joint ventures, seller financing and syndication
- Managing up: mapping your acquisition / disposition plan to your fund’s goals
Use EKI’s exclusive discount code P-KIN-25 to get 25% off on the registration fee. For more information on this event and to register, please visit: Marcus & Millichap/ IPA Multifamily Forum