Position Title: Senior Water Resources Engineer / Planner
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a senior level Water Resources Engineer / Planner with broad experience in water resources projects in our San Francisco Bay Area office.
You will be involved in exciting projects from the initial planning stages, through feasibility analysis, design, implementation, and project completion. Projects include Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance, Urban Water Management Plans (UWMPs), Water Supply Assessments (WSAs), groundwater basin characterization, groundwater-flow and constituent transport modeling, water transfer support, water supply planning, production well design, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, litigation support, and more.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Prepare reports, studies, and designs related to and including UWMPs, WSAs, hydrogeologic conceptual models, water balances, numerical model development, and SGMA-compliant groundwater sustainability plans;
- Develop and/or implement water supply strategies, water transfers, and water conservation programs;
- Work with a team of geologists and engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of design projects
- Communicate complicated technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to a broad audience;
- Provide project review, QA/QC, and verify compliance with client-specific requirements and company standards;
- Manage project schedules and budgets; and
- Mentor and coach junior staff.
The successful candidate must have:
- BS and/or MS (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Earth Sciences, or related field
- Strong technical skills, including a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in water resources, preferably in consulting
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently and collaborate with various project teams
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.