|Position Title:||Groundwater Modeler (3-7 Years Experience)|
|Location:||CA: San Francisco Bay Area; Greater Sacramento Area; Orange County – WA: Greater Seattle Area|
|Number of openings:||1 to 2|
|Position Closing:||When filled|
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering, and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking Groundwater Modelers for water-related projects in the San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Orange County, and the Greater Seattle area offices and who is passionate about the following:
- A highly collaborative work environment
- Challenging and diverse projects
- Having ownership in your work
- Learning from an experienced and highly skilled team of engineers
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will support ongoing projects with clients throughout California and Washington from initial project planning through model design, development, calibration, application, and report writing. Projects include numerical groundwater flow and constituent transport modeling for Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance and implementation, litigation support, water budgets and water rights analyses, water transfer support, water-supply well siting and design, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, climate change impacts, and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply, and/or review numerical groundwater flow and constituent transport models and decision support tools.
- Prepare reports and support documents, including modeling documentation, review findings and comment letters; SGMA-compliant groundwater sustainability plans; hydrogeologic conceptual models and water balances; litigation support-related technical analyses; water rights and water supply assessments; well siting and design plans.
- Prepare well-written documents and effective presentations that communicate complex technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to a broad audience.
- Support project managers and senior staff with the preparation of project schedules and tracking of budgets, deliverables, and progress reports.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Earth Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, with 5 or more years desirable, as a groundwater modeler and engineer/hydrogeologist for water resources projects.
- Strong technical knowledge in numerical groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling, hydrogeology, water resources planning, data management and visualization, and technical writing.
- Practical project-related experience with IWFM and MODFLOW, Python or R, PEST, and ArcGIS. Experience with, Surfer, Github, AWS/Azure, Power BI, and Microsoft Access/SQL databases preferred but not required.
- Valid Civil/Environmental Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) license preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of California and/or Washington groundwater, water rights, and adjudication regulations, including SGMA requirements preferred but not required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A strong desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
As an employee-owned firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. The expected compensation range for this position is $90,000-$120,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education, and geographical location. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.