|Position Title:||Civil or Environmental Project Engineer (2-5 Years Experience)|
|Location:||San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Sacramento Area|
|Number of openings:||1 to 3|
|Position Closing:||When filled|
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering, and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making a positive impact on communities and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Civil or Environmental Engineer for water, wastewater, recycled water, and stormwater projects for our San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Sacramento Area offices who is passionate about the following:
- A highly collaborative work environment
- Challenging and diverse projects
- Having ownership in your work
- Learning from an experienced and highly skilled team of engineers
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be involved in planning, design, and construction of water, wastewater, recycled water, and stormwater projects in the San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, and throughout California. You’ll contribute to the preparation of feasibility studies, master plans, basis of design studies, and contract documents and provide bid support and construction management service for water infrastructure projects. EKI will provide training and mentoring to encourage your development.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Preparing contract documents, plans, and technical specifications.
- Preparing technical reports and other deliverables.
- Preparing engineering calculations and technical analyses.
- Coordinating with client representatives, regulatory agencies, and technical subconsultants.
- Administering construction-phase engineering support including submittal reviews and requests for information.
- Performing design and construction field observation activities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience including planning, preparation of design plans and technical specifications, and construction management or engineering support service for water, wastewater, recycled water, and/or stormwater projects.
- I.T. with the ability to obtain California Civil Engineering P.E. license within 2 years, at a minimum. Current California Civil Engineering P.E. license holder preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to technical details.
- Computer skills – Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience strongly preferred.
As an employee-owned firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. The expected compensation range for this position is $75,000 – $105,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education, and geographical location. EKI also provides an incentive compensation program in addition to salary. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.