Position Title: Water Resources Engineer/ Hydrogeologist
Location: Burlingame, CA or Oakland, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Water Resources Engineer or Hydrogeologist for water-related projects in our Burlingame and Oakland offices.
You will be involved in exciting projects from the initial planning stages, through feasibility analysis, design, implementation, and project completion. Projects include Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance, groundwater basin characterization, groundwater-flow and constituent transport modeling, water transfer support, water supply planning, production well design, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, litigation support, and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Prepare reports, studies, and designs related to water supply assessments; hydrogeologic conceptual models, water balances, numerical model development, and SGMA-compliant groundwater sustainability plans;
- Develop and/or implement water supply strategies, water transfers, and water conservation programs; and,
- Communicate complicated technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to a broad audience.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong academic knowledge in numerical groundwater modeling, water resources planning, and/or groundwater well design, construction, and testing
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently and collaborate with various project teams
- BS and/or MS (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Earth Sciences, or related field
- Experience with ArcGIS and Microsoft Access preferred
- Great attitude and eager to learn
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to:
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer.