Position Title: Water Resources Engineer / Hydrogeologist / Modeler
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Irvine, or Greater Sacramento Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Water Resources Engineer / Hydrogeologist / Modeler for water- and hydrogeologic related projects in one of our San Francisco Bay Area, Irvine, or Greater Sacramento offices. You will be involved in exciting projects from the initial planning, implementation, and completion. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Construct, calibrate, apply, and evaluate numerical groundwater models, including all pre- and post-processing steps
- Prepare reports, studies, and designs related to water supply assessments.
- hydrogeologic conceptual models, water balances, numerical model development, and groundwater sustainability planning
- Develop, evaluate, and/or implement water supply strategies, water transfers, and water conservation programs
- Communicate complicated technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to a broad audience
Desired qualifications include:
- Strong academic knowledge in hydrogeology, numerical groundwater modeling, and water resources planning
- Practical experience in hydrogeological conceptual model development and numerical model construction, calibration, and evaluation (applied experience with MODFLOW, IWFM, and PEST on multiple projects required)
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Earth Sciences, or related field
- Practical experience with ArcGIS and Microsoft Access or another database management software
- Great attitude and eager to learn and share experiences
Projects include Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) development and implementation, groundwater basin characterization, groundwater-flow and constituent transport modeling, water transfer support, water supply planning, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, litigation support, and more.
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.