Position Title: Staff Geologist/Engineer/Scientist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in improving the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you. We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic staff level geologist/engineer/scientist who can support the management and implementation of site characterization and remediation projects for our industrial, commercial, and municipal clients in the Northeast.
Your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Supervising and managing field investigations and ensuring that workplans are followed correctly and that all project data is handled appropriately. Field work will include site inspections, soil characterization and sampling, and groundwater monitoring and sampling.
- Preparation and review of site investigation reports, operation and maintenance summary reports and due diligence assessment reports for submittal to clients and/or regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing and documenting subcontractor activities on client sites and ensuring that all work scopes are followed.
- Collating, tabulating, and interpreting project data and developing site conceptual models to support identification of sources, potential migration pathways and routes of exposure to human health and the environment.
- Working with senior staff to prepare plans and specifications for the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields.
- Managing project schedules.
The successful candidate should have:
- BS in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar degree
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience in professional environmental consulting
- Strong technical and mechanical skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Up to date OSHA HAZWOPER training
- A current valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites and the ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
- Great attitude and eager to learn
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.