Position Title: Senior Water Resources Planner
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA or Fully Remote, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment while advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Water Resources Planner with broad experience in water resources projects in our Bay Area offices, or fully remote within California.
You will be involved in exciting Water Resources planning projects, with an emphasis on planning for urban water agencies. Projects include Water Supply Assessments (WSAs) to support new developments, One Water planning efforts, drought- and long-term conservation planning, assisting clients with preparation for and compliance with conservation regulations (e.g., Making Water Conservation a California Way of Life legislation Annual Water Supply and Demand Assessments [AWSDAs] and Annual Water Use Objectives, etc.), stakeholder outreach, and development of Urban Water Management Plans (UWMPs). Projects may also include those related to Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) compliance and project implementation, water transfer support, water supply planning, production well design, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, litigation support, and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Prepare reports, studies, and designs related to and including WSAs, AWSDAs, Annual Water Use Objectives, drought- and long-term conservation planning, UWMPs, and SGMA-compliant groundwater sustainability plans;
- Develop and/or implement water supply strategies, water transfers, and water conservation programs;
- Utilize creative and visual-based communication strategies to communicate complicated technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to broad audiences, including clients and stakeholder groups;
- Manage data-intensive projects, which require knowledge of data management tools and techniques;
- Lead efforts to respond to competitive requests for proposals for pursuits related to skillset;
- Provide project review and QA/QC and verify compliance with client-specific requirements and company standards;
- Manage project schedules and budgets; and
- Mentor and coach junior staff.
The successful candidate must have:
- BS and/or MS (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrology, Geology, Earth Sciences, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Strong technical skills, including a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in water resources, preferably in consulting
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.