Position Title: Senior Geologist/Engineer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in contributing to California’s quality of life, improving the environment, and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a senior level Geologist/Engineer with broad experience in managing investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites and in mentoring and developing staff for our San Francisco Bay Area office.
You will be involved in exciting projects from initial planning stages and investigations, through feasibility studies, remedial action plans, design, to construction observation and project completion. Projects include hazardous waste and brownfields remediation engineering, vapor intrusion mitigation designs, and water, wastewater, stormwater facilities including treatment and conveyance.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing scopes of work and budgets for proposals and work authorizations
- Managing field investigations and insuring that workplans are followed correctly and data handled appropriately
- Overseeing data management and synthesis of information collected in field investigations
- Interpreting data collected at site and developing site conceptual models to support identification of sources and routes of exposure to human health and the environment
- Preparation of plans and specifications for the remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields, vapor intrusion mitigation designs, and other remedial technologies
- Coordinating and negotiating with regulatory agencies and technical subconsultants
- Working with a team of geologists and engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of the design projects
- Providing project review, QA/QC, and verifying compliance with client-specific requirements and company standards
- Managing project schedules and budgets
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff
The successful candidate must have:
- BS and/or MS in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Chemical Engineering or similar degree
- Strong technical skills, including a minimum of 15 years’ experience as a project engineer/project geologist involved with planning, design and construction of environmental remediation projects, and/or water, wastewater, and stormwater facilities
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- A clear California Professional Geologist or Civil Engineer’s license
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.