Position Title: Senior Engineer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Number of Openings: 1 (1-water supply planning or 1-water/wastewater design)
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering, and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a senior Civil Engineer with broad experience in marketing, project management, and execution of municipal water, wastewater, and recycled water infrastructure projects in our San Francisco Bay Area office. There are two possible positions open, one for a person with a professional focus on planning studies including water, wastewater, and recycled water system modeling and master planning, and the other position for a person with a focus on water and wastewater conveyance design.
You will be involved in exciting projects from the initial planning stages, through feasibility analysis, design, implementation, and project completion. Projects for the water system planning position include potable and recycled water system hydraulic modeling, sewer system modeling, water supply modeling, potable and recycled water supply capital improvement program development including conceptual design and cost estimating, indirect and direct potable reuse planning, and more.
Projects for the water system design position include design studies, preparation of design and bid documents, and construction-phase services for production wells and wellhead treatment, pipelines, pump stations, tanks, trenchless pipe installation, sewer rehabilitation, and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with a team of engineers and scientists to:
- Prepare reports, studies, and designs
- Work with a team of geologists and engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of design projects
- Communicate complicated technical problems in an effective and efficient manner to a broad audience
- Provide project review, QA/QC, and verify compliance with client-specific requirements and company standards
- Meet with clients, prepare proposals and bring in new work, with the assistance of our senior management team, Engineering Group leader, and Marketing Department
- Manage project schedules and budgets
- Mentor and coach junior staff
The successful candidate must have:
- BS and/or MS (preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Strong technical skills, including a minimum of 15 years’ professional experience in municipal water, preferably in consulting in Northern or Central California
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
- Experience managing projects, budgets, and staff and providing excellent client service
- Professional Engineering license in California
- Positive professional references
- Candidates for the water system planning position must be experienced with ArcGIS and hydraulic modeling software, including InfoWater, WaterCAD/GEMS, InfoSWMM, SewerCAD/GEMS, and/or InfoWorks
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.