Position Title: Principal Engineer – Engineering Group Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering, and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public sector clients throughout California and the United States. If you are interested in making an impact on the quality of life and the environment and in advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, well-connected, outwardly-focused Principal Engineer to lead our Engineering Group with engineers in our Bay Area and Greater Sacramento Area offices. The ideal candidate will grow our ongoing projects with clients throughout California and expand our capabilities in the areas of master planning, water supply, water treatment, and wastewater treatment. EKI has an exceptional client base that is in need of consulting services in the water resources arena including water recycling and reuse. This is an area of particular opportunity.
You will be responsible for developing and leading strategies to grow work with existing clients, identify new clients and projects, lead proposal efforts, mentor and grow staff, provide and oversee quality control for both technical aspects and project management, and manage projects from initial planning stages, through design and construction. Your responsibilities will include, but are limited to:
- Providing leadership to the engineering group (recruitment, retention, development)
- Defining strategies and tactics to grow and develop new contacts and projects while maintaining existing contacts and projects
- Providing client management for the successful master planning as well as project planning, design, and construction of water, recycled water, and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities
- Management of the engineering team, including subconsultants, designing and preparing plans and specifications for the construction of water and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities
- Providing project review, QA/QC, and verifying compliance with client-specific requirements and company standards
- Managing project schedules and budgets
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff
The successful candidate must have:
- Established client base of small to mid-sized cities and districts, with demonstrated technical practice leadership
- Proven track record of identifying, pursuing, winning, and implementing new projects
- Excellent client management skills with a proven ability to maintain long-term client relationships and establish new client relationships
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical leadership skills including having had a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a project engineer for significant water and wastewater projects
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, with 20 or more years desirable, in the planning and design of water and/or wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities as an engineer, project engineer, and project manager
- BS and/or MS in Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- A clear California Civil Engineering PE license
- Valid California driver’s license
- A strong desire to grow personally as well as professionally
- A strong team player, supporting the growth and sustainability of the firm
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience while allowing for significant opportunities for ownership and career growth. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.