Position Title: Mid-Level Environmental Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in contributing to California’s quality of life, improving the environment, and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a mid-level energetic Environmental Engineer with broad experience in conducting investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites for our Irvine, CA office.
You will be involved in exciting projects from initial planning stages and investigations, through feasibility studies, remedial action plans, design, to construction observation and project completion. Projects include hazardous waste and brownfields site assessments, remediation system operations, maintenance and monitoring, remediation system engineering design, and vapor intrusion mitigation design and pilot tests.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing scopes of work and budgets for proposals and work authorizations
- Managing field investigations and ensuring that workplans are followed correctly and data handled appropriately
- Collection of field data using tablets and integrated spreadsheets and GIS application software
- Overseeing data management and synthesis of information collected in field investigations
- Interpreting data collected at site and developing site conceptual models to support identification of sources and routes of exposure to human health and the environment
- Interpreting data collected during system performance monitoring to determine necessary adjustments to optimize operations
- Working with senior engineers to prepare plans and specifications for the remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields, vapor intrusion mitigation designs, and other remedial technologies
- Working with a team of scientists and engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of the design projects
- Managing project schedules and budgets
The successful candidate must have:
- BS and/or MS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Chemical Engineering or similar degree
- Strong technical skills, including a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience as a project engineer involved with planning, design and construction of environmental site assessment and remediation projects
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- A clear California Professional Civil (preferred)or Chemical Engineer’s license, or on track for licensure within 12 months
- A current valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites and the ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
- Great attitude and eager to learn
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.