Position Title: Marketing/Office Assistant
Location: Oakland, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (“EKI”) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in contributing to California’s quality of life, improving the environment, and advancing in your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Marketing/Office Assistant for our Oakland, CA office. This position is ideal for a new graduate with an interest in starting a marketing career or a current student studying marketing.
You will be involved with supporting the operation of the Oakland office and strategic marketing efforts. This unique position is well suited for a self-starter who excels both administratively and creatively. Your role in EKI projects and operations will include tasks as varied as, routine administrative support to technical staff (expense reports, reprographics, mail/FedEx, etc.), maintaining project descriptions and resumes, website maintenance and social media content, and development and sending of newsletters.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting operation of the Oakland office through managing of office supplies and communal spaces, acting as a point person for facility-related issues and office maintenance companies and consultants, coordinating meals for meetings, luncheons or other special events;
- Coordinating, formatting, editing, and proofreading proposals, statements of qualifications (SOQ), presentations, reports and other documents;
- Ensuring documents meet brand standards (font, colors, text, margins, etc.);
- Supporting the marketing team with proposal, qualifications and interview preparation;
- Maintaining marketing databases, electronic files and standard materials including resumes and project descriptions
- Working with the Marketing Manager to maintain website and update social media (LinkedIn) such as writing routine posts and creating simple graphics based on templates; and
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with strategic research projects.
The successful candidate must have:
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Basic knowledge of computers and printing equipment;
- Attention to detail and able to make decisions;
- Ability to work independently while also functioning effectively as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with different personalities and professional styles;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple assignments concurrently; and
- A strong grasp of punctuation, spelling, grammar and style.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors and/or Associates degree in English, Marketing or Journalism;
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) and/or WordPress;
- Background or interest in environmental issues; and
- Experience with writing and/or proofreading highly technical documents
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to:
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer.