Position Title: Marketing Assistant/Coordinator
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in improving the environment, and advancing in your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Marketing Assistant/Coordinator to support our marketing team. This position is ideal for a new graduate with an interest in starting a marketing career or a current student studying marketing. The position will be based in our San Francisco Bay Area with potential for a hybrid work schedule.
You will be involved with supporting strategic marketing efforts across the company. This unique position is well suited for a self-starter who excels both administratively and creatively. Your role will include tasks as varied as supporting responses to RFP/RFQs, maintaining project descriptions and resumes, website maintenance, and developing digital content for social media and newsletters. The position is extremely deadline driven and requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to multitask.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, formatting, editing, and proofreading proposals, statements of qualifications (SOQ), presentations, reports, and other documents;
- Ensuring documents meet brand standards (font, colors, text, margins, etc.);
- Supporting the marketing team with proposal, qualifications, and interview preparation;
- Maintaining marketing databases, electronic files, and standard materials including resumes and project descriptions;
- Working with the Marketing Manager to maintain the website and update social media, such as writing routine posts and creating simple graphics based on templates; and
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with strategic research and other projects.
The successful candidate must have:
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Basic knowledge of computers and printing equipment;
- Attention to detail and able to make decisions;
- Ability to work independently while also functioning effectively as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with different personalities and professional styles;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple assignments concurrently; and
- A strong grasp of punctuation, spelling, grammar, and style.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors and/or Associates degree in English, Marketing or Journalism;
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Deltek VantagePoint CRM, SharePoint, and/or WordPress;
- Background or interest in environmental issues; and
- Experience with writing and/or proofreading highly technical documents
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply