Position Title: Geologist / Environmental Scientist
Location: Irvine or San Francisco Bay Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in improving the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you. We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic entry-level to mid-level Geologist/Environmental Scientist who can support site characterization and remediation projects for our industrial, commercial, and municipal clients.
Your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Performing field investigations and ensuring that workplans are followed correctly and data handled appropriately. Field work will include site inspections, soil characterization and sampling, and groundwater sampling
- Performing and overseeing operation and maintenance tasks on remediation systems, including groundwater treatment, soil vapor extraction (SVE) and air sparging systems and non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL) recovery systems
- Overseeing and documenting subcontractor activities on client sites and ensuring that work scopes are followed
- Collating, tabulating, and Interpreting data and developing site conceptual models to support identification of sources and routes of exposure to human health and the environment
- Working with senior staff to prepare plans and specifications for the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields
- Managing project schedules
The successful candidate should have the following:
- BS (MS preferred) in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar degree program
- Strong technical and mechanical skills, preferably a minimum of two years of experience as an engineer/geologist/technician involved with site investigation planning, site remediation design and construction, and operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
- A current valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites, the ability to lift 35 pounds, and the ability to work 10 hour days
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams
- Great attitude and eager to learn
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit-sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.