Position Title: Environmental Technician
Location: Northeastern United States/Connecticut
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in improving the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you. We are currently seeking a motivated, energetic, and experienced Environmental Technician who can support site characterization and remediation projects for our industrial, commercial, and municipal clients in the Northeastern United States.
Your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Performing field investigations and ensuring that workplans are followed correctly and data handled appropriately. Field work will include site inspections, soil characterization and sampling, and groundwater sampling.
- Operating, monitoring, and maintaining remediation systems, including soil vapor extraction (SVE) and air sparging systems and non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL) recovery systems.
- Overseeing and documenting subcontractor activities on client sites and ensuring that work scopes are followed.
- Collating, tabulating and interpreting data to ensure that the remediation systems are operating within their required parameters.
- Working with senior staff to prepare plans and specifications for the remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields.
- Managing project schedules.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Strong technical and mechanical skills, preferably a minimum of five years of experience as an environmental technician involved with remediation system operation and maintenance and site investigation field work.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar degree program is preferred but not required.
- A Grade 2, Industrial (or higher) Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator license or the ability to obtain such license.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training.
- A current valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites, the ability to lift 35 pounds, and ability to work 10 hour days.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams.
- Great attitude and eager to learn.
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.