Position Title: Environmental Scientist or Engineer with Industrial Stormwater Focus (2‑5 Years Exp.)
Locations: Bay Area, California
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (“EKI”) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in contributing to the quality of life, improving the environment, and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Environmental Scientist or Engineer for stormwater projects. You would be based in one of our Bay Area, California offices with opportunities to work remotely.
You will be involved in a wide range of industrial stormwater projects. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect commercial, industrial, and construction sites for conformance with applicable stormwater permit requirements;
- Develop stormwater pollution prevention plans;
- Design stormwater best management practices (“BMPs”);
- Install and maintain BMPs;
- Collect stormwater samples and coordinate training of others;
- Assist in the development exceedance response action recommendations, action plans, and technical reports;
- Assist with permit applications;
- Communicate with various environmental permitting agencies;
- Provide training to client personnel regarding applicable permit requirements, sampling procedures, and BMP implementation;
- Manage client Stormwater Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (“SMARTS”) accounts for accuracy and timeliness of documentation uploads; and
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience with implementation of the California industrial and construction stormwater general permits;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Skills in basic tool use and field troubleshooting;
- Two to five years of experience working in the field;
- A willingness to work in the rain with a great attitude;
- BS and/or MS Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or similar educational degree; and
- A current valid driver’s license.
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience while allowing for significant opportunities for ownership and career growth. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.