EKI Environment & Water, Inc.
|Position Title:||Environmental Engineer / Geologist / Environmental Scientist|
|Number of openings:||1|
|Position Closing:||When filled|
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in improving the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you. We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic entry-level to mid-level Environmental Engineer/Geologist/ Environmental Scientist who can support site characterization and remediation projects for our industrial, commercial, and municipal clients.
Your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Performing field investigations and ensuring that workplans are followed correctly and data handled appropriately. Field work will include site inspections, soil characterization and sampling, and groundwater sampling.
- Performing and overseeing operation and maintenance tasks on remediation systems, including groundwater treatment, soil vapor extraction (SVE) and air sparging systems and non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL) recovery systems.
- Overseeing and documenting subcontractor activities on client sites and ensuring that work scopes are followed.
- Collating, tabulating, and Interpreting data and developing site conceptual models to support identification of sources and routes of exposure to human health and the environment.
- Working with senior staff to prepare plans and specifications for the investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites and brownfields.
- Managing project schedules.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- BS (MS preferred) in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar degree program.
- Strong technical and mechanical skills, preferably a minimum of two years of experience as an engineer/geologist/technician involved with site investigation planning, site remediation design and construction, and operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems. Entry-level is also acceptable.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred but not required.
- A current valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites, the ability to lift 35 pounds, and ability to work 10 hour days.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently, and collaborate with various project teams.
- Great attitude and eager to learn.
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. The expected compensation range for this position is $55,000 to $80,000 annually depending on skills, experience, education, and geographical location. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Copyright © 2023 EKI Environment & Water, Inc.