Position Title: Civil or Environmental Engineer with Stormwater Focus
Locations: Bay Area, Sacramento Area, or Orange County, California
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (“EKI”) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private- and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in contributing to California’s quality of life, improving the environment, and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Civil or Environmental Engineer for stormwater projects for our Bay Area, Sacramento Area, or Orange County, California office.
You will be involved in a wide range of industrial and construction stormwater projects including testing, design, and construction management of stormwater treatment systems for both private and public clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect commercial, industrial, and construction sites for conformance with applicable stormwater permit requirements;
- Review stormwater pollution prevention plans for completeness and applicability;
- Design stormwater best management practices (“BMPs”);
- Direct field crews performing BMP installation and maintenance;
- Develop exceedance response action recommendations, action plans, and technical reports;
- Assist with NPDES permit applications;
- Communicate with various environmental permitting agencies;
- Provide training to client personnel regarding applicable permit requirements, sampling procedures, and BMP implementation;
- Manage client Stormwater Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (“SMARTS”) accounts for accuracy and timeliness of documentation uploads;
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships; and
- Train and mentor staff.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience with implementation of the California industrial and construction stormwater permits;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent client management skills;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience;
- A clear California Civil Engineering PE license;
- BS and/or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or similar engineering educational degree;
- Current QISP certification; and
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer.