Position Title: Civil/Environmental Engineer, Project Manager
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Sacramento Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Civil or Environmental Engineer for water, wastewater, and stormwater projects for our San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Sacramento Area office.
You will be involved in exciting planning, design, and construction-phase projects in water, wastewater, recycled water, and stormwater for Bay Area clients. You will contribute to or lead the preparation of feasibility studies, master planning, basis of design studies, plans and specifications, bid support, and construction management for water conveyance and treatment projects. We will provide training and mentoring to encourage your development into a successful project manager.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of planning and feasibility studies for water and wastewater system improvements
- Working with a team of engineers to prepare calculations and designs, including plans and specifications, for the construction of water, wastewater, stormwater facilities
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies and technical subconsultants
- Working with a team of engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of the design projects
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong technical skills including a minimum of five years’ experience as a project engineer involved with planning, design, and construction of environmental projects, including water, wastewater, or stormwater facilities
- Design experience with AutoCAD, preferably Civil 3D; mapping using ArcGIS, and/or water/wastewater system modeling using programs such as InfoWater, WaterCad/GEMS, InfoSWMM and InfoWork
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- BS or MS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- A current and valid California Civil Engineering PE license
As an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.