Position Title: Civil or Environmental Engineer
Location: Sacramento or Davis, CA
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Civil or Environmental Engineer for water/wastewater/stormwater projects for our Sacramento or Davis, CA offices.
You will be involved in exciting conveyance, pumping, and treatment projects in water, wastewater, and stormwater for municipal and private clients. The work includes master/facility planning, basis of design, plans and specifications, bid support, construction management, district engineering, and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with a team of engineers to prepare calculations, designs, including plans and specifications, for the construction of water, wastewater, or stormwater facilities, including, site work, pipelines, pumps, and mechanical components
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies and technical subconsultants
- Working with a team of engineers providing engineering and construction observation services during the construction and implementation of the design projects
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong technical skills including a minimum of 5 to 15 years’ experience as a project engineer involved with planning, design, construction, and permitting of engineering projects, including water, wastewater, or stormwater facilities
- Design experience with AutoCAD
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Hold a current and valid California Civil Engineering PE license
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work independently and collaborate with various project teams
- Great attitude and eager to learn
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to:
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer.