Position Title: Civil or Environmental Engineer (2-5 Years’ Experience)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Sacramento Area
Number of Openings: 1
Position Closing: When filled
EKI Environment & Water, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public-sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making a positive impact on communities and the environment and advancing your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic Civil or Environmental Engineer to join our Engineering Group to work on water, wastewater, recycled water, and stormwater planning and design projects. We are currently working remotely however you will eventually work out of our Daly City, Oakland, or Sacramento Area offices. We value teammates who are passionate about the following:
- A highly collaborative work environment
- Challenging and diverse projects
- Having ownership in your work
- Learning from an experienced and highly skilled team of engineers
You will be involved in planning, design, and construction of water supply, conveyance, and treatment projects for municipal and private clients. You will contribute to the preparation of feasibility studies, master planning, basis of design studies, design plans and specifications, cost estimates, bid support, and construction-phase services. We will provide training and mentoring to encourage your development.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary projects teams
- Preparing contract documents and technical specifications
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Preparing technical reports and other deliverables
- Preparing engineering calculations and technical analyses
- Coordinating with client representatives, regulatory agencies, and technical subconsultants
- Administering construction-phase engineering support including submittal reviews and requests for information
- Performing design and construction field observation activities
The successful candidate must have:
- BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience including planning, preparation of design plans and technical specifications, and construction or engineering support service for water, wastewater, recycled water, or stormwater projects
- Certification as an Engineer-in-Training with the ability to obtain California Civil Engineering Professional Engineer (P.E.) license within two years; current California Civil Engineering P.E. license holder preferred
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong organizational skills and attention to technical details
- Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience strongly preferred
- Positive professional references
Desired skills include:
- Water or sewer system modeling experience
- Fluent ability to speak and write in Spanish
As an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, incentive compensation, retirement benefits through ESOP and 401(k) profit sharing contributions, and group medical, vision, and dental benefits. If this is the career path of your choice, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.